Admin Assistant Diploma
A good admin assistant provides a vital support function in any busy office. You’ll need to master the art of working under your own initiative to tight deadlines, as well as responding to the demanding needs of more senior colleagues. With our Admin Assistant Diploma you’ll get high quality, office based training which not only gives you great IT skills, but will also teach you how to speak the language of business.
With your completed diploma, you’ll have an excellent foundation to get a job as a trusted admin assistant in any office.
- Flexible training which fits around your commitments
- Support on hand from our friendly course advisors
- Get the skills in demand by employers
Our Diplomas give students the confidence to know that you’re one step closer to your dream job, promotion or new career.
Get the Pitman Advantage™
Whether you’re changing career or looking to get your first foot on the ladder, the Admin Assistant Diploma is an ideal route to ensure you have the vital skills employers are looking for.
On successful completion of this Diploma you’ll have world class skills to get a job as a highly valued office assistant.
You’ll learn how to master in-demand software packages such as Microsoft Office, as well as excellent computer keyboard skills and creating complex documentation. What’s more, to complement your diploma you’ll also have the option to add an elective subject, including help with your CV, interview techniques, keyboard speed development and health and safety essentials.
To discuss your current skills and aspirations for the future, please speak to one of our friendly advisors. They can also provide complete details on the full range of Diplomas and Courses in this area.
The Admin Assistant Diploma is made up of eight Core Courses:
- Typing (choose from selection)
- Business Document Production*
- Communication at Work*
- Microsoft Word or Word Expert
- Microsoft Excel or Excel Expert
- Microsoft PowerPoint or Access
- Microsoft Outlook
- Successful Meetings and Minutes
You then choose one additional elective course from a list to suit your requirements.
* Effective Business Communication may be taken as an alternative to these two courses.
The guideline learning time for the Admin Assistant Diploma is: –
- 150 hours flexi-study or 5 weeks full-time*
*full-time is based on approx. 20-30 hours a week.
Our Admin Assistant Diploma has courses which can be accessed online, via our distance learning portal and courses which you will need to study in one of our centres. Other courses may be chosen depending on your requirements.
This means that you have the flexibility to study our Admin Assistant Diploma:
- In centre, with our friendly course advisors available for support and guidance as and when you need it.
- At home or from work – with support via email or telephone during working hours.
- On a blended mix – in-centre for the modules you need help with, at home or from work for those you are gliding through.
Once you’ve decided to go ahead, all you’ll need to do is contact your nearest Pitman Training centre that offers and supports our distance learning platform, and they will arrange for you to have an induction to show you around the system and talk you through how our online training works. After this, you can learn in your own time and at your own speed, but with the knowledge you have support at hand if required.
To find your nearest centre that offers and supports our Admin Assistant training, click here.
The best way to make sure your training programme suits you, your skills, your ambitions and your busy schedule, is to get in touch with us for a free, friendly expert career consultation.