Book-Keeping Level 2 – Module 3
The book-keeping level 2 – module 3 course is the third module designed to further your book-keeping level 2 studies using the double entry system so you can keep accurate book-keeping records. And unlike other book-keeping courses, this one puts the renowned Pitman Training name on your CV as proof of your skills.
Module 3 covers using the journal in order to correct book-keeping errors, as well as to record year-end adjustments prior to preparing the final accounts a business usually prepares at year end which are, the profit and loss account and balance sheet.
The book-keeping course leaves you with a handy workbook as a reference guide.
Book-Keeping Level 2 – Module 3 is designed to follow on from modules 1 and 2 and further your book-keeping knowledge. You will continue to learn manual book-keeping to enable you to keep full and accurate accounting records either for your own business, or for any organisation you work for.
The course covers part of the syllabus for the OCR Level 2 book-keeping examination requirements. By taking this, and modules 1 and 2, you will have the opportunity to go on and gain an AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeping if desired.
An essential for anyone needing to keep the books and accounts for any business. If you’ve been studying our book-keeping module 1 and 2 courses, this is the natural next-step to take.
There are six lessons for Book-Keeping Level 2 – Module 3.
- Lesson One – Including: Preparing a Trial Balance from the ledger accounts as well as from a list of account balances, using the Journal to correct errors not disclosed by the Trial Balance, preparing a revised Trial Balance following the correction of errors;
- Lesson Two – Including: Using the Journal to start up a new set of double entry accounts, knowing how to write off bad debt, including any associated VAT, the purpose of a suspense account, using the Journal to correct errors and clear a suspense account, demonstrating the ability to make journal entries and adjustments and produce a revised Trial Balance;
- Lesson Three – Including: Recognising the format used when extending the Trial Balance, categorising items of income and expenditure, calculating depreciation, accruals and prepayments, calculating the value of stock consumed, using the journal to record year-end adjustments;
- Lesson Four – Including: Transferring the year-end adjustments to the Extended Trial Balance, distinguishing between the different type of account, extending the balances from the Trial Balance columns to either the Profit and Loss or Balance Sheet columns, calculating the profit, or loss, of the business;
- Lesson Five – Including: Preparing a Profit and Loss account and Balance Sheet, calculating the gross profit percentage, knowing how to calculate the mark up percentage;
- Lesson Six – Including: Closing off the ledger accounts at the end of the accounting period, recognising when a balance is to be carried forward to the next accounting period and when it is to be transferred to the Profit and Loss account, demonstrating the ability to extend a Trial Balance and prepare the financial statements of a business.
This course should take around 18 hours to complete.
Our Book-Keeping Level 2 – Module 3 training course is part of our distance learning range – which can be accessed online via our distance learning portal.
This means that you have the flexibility to study our Book-Keeping course:
- In centre, with our friendly course advisors available for support and guidance as and when you need it.
- At home or from work – with support via email or telephone during working hours.
- On a blended mix – in-centre for the modules you need help with, at home or from work for those you are gliding through.
Once you’ve decided to go ahead, all you’ll need to do is contact your nearest Pitman Training centre that offers and supports our distance learning platform, and they will arrange for you to have an induction to show you around the system and talk you through how our online training works. After this, you can learn in your own time and at your own speed, but with the knowledge you have support at hand if required.
To find your nearest centre that offers and supports our online Book-Keeping training, /training-a-z/”>
The best way to make sure your training programme suits you, your skills, your ambitions and your busy schedule, is to get in touch with us for a free, friendly expert career consultation.