Communication at Work
Professional communication skills training increases your confidence and raises your profile as someone who is in full control of communication in the workplace – both in written and in verbal form.
Ours is the cream of communication courses with a fully-proven schedule of simple lessons to make work communications come naturally to you.
Some of the main benefits of studying this course are: –
– Be able to use written and verbal skills in order to communicate effectively at work
– The flexibility and value of a self-study course designed to enable you to work at your own pace
– A workbook to use as a reference guide on completion of the course
– The opportunity to gain the widely recognised Pitman Training Certificate
This course is designed to provide you with a good grounding in various forms of communications you might deal with within an office environment, thus ensuring you stand out and deliver a professional service to any employer.
Communication at Work is a great course for anyone working in an office environment, such as a Secretary, Receptionist, Office Administrator, Admin Assistant etc.
The course is suitable for beginner level.
There are three lessons in this Communication at Work course: –
Lesson One: Sentence structure, subject and verb agreement, correct rules for the use of punctuation, common errors, including use of the apostrophe;
Lesson Two: Communicating effectively on the telephone, procedures for taking and receiving messages, dealing with difficult telephone calls, interpreting body language, appropriate dress code, procedures when receiving visitors, different methods of remote conferencing;
Lesson Three: Writing effective emails, advantages and disadvantages of email, netiquette and email principles, setting out a business email.
This course will take approximately 6 hours to complete.
Our Communication at Work course is part of our distance learning range – which can be accessed online via our distance learning portal.
This means that you have the flexibility to study our Communication at Work course:
- In centre, with our friendly course advisors available for support and guidance as and when you need it.
- At home or from work – with support via email or telephone during working hours.
- On a blended mix – in-centre for the modules you need help with, at home or from work for those you are gliding through.
Once you’ve decided to go ahead, all you’ll need to do is contact your nearest Pitman Training centre that offers and supports our distance learning platform, and they will arrange for you to have an induction to show you around the system and talk you through how our online training works. After this, you can learn in your own time and at your own speed, but with the knowledge you have support at hand if required.
To find your nearest centre that offers and supports our online Communication at Work training, click here.
The best way to make sure your training programme suits you, your skills, your ambitions and your busy schedule, is to get in touch with us for a free, friendly expert career consultation.