The great skills needed for a rewarding Secretarial or Executive Assistant job.
A great Secretary is central to the smooth running of any business, ensuring day to day activities happen in the most efficient manner.
With our Secretarial Diploma you’ll learn the essential skills to be a highly regarded Secretary or Executive Assistant, working under pressure and prioritising workloads which allow executives and managers to work more effectively.
- Flexible training which fits around your commitments
- Support on hand from our friendly course advisors
- Get the skills in demand by employers
Get the Pitman Advantage™
The Secretarial Diploma is an excellent course as the opportunities for a highly qualified secretary are endless. The role of a secretary is absolutely pivotal to any organisation’s success, with the skills you learn being transferable across many different industries.
The Pitman Training Secretarial Diploma is designed to develop your keyboard speeds, teach you how to master the most common business software packages, and give you excellent communication techniques which enable you to understand the language of business. As a Secretary or Executive Assistant you’ll require excellent skills in IT, organisation, good composure, flexibility, plus strong interpersonal and communication abilities – all of which our Secretarial Diploma will give you.
Get high level Executive Assistant and Secretarial skills.
The Secretarial Diploma consists of nine Core Courses: –
- Typing (choose from selection)
- Typing Speed Development
- Effective Business Communication OR Business Document Production
- Audio Transcription
- Successful Meetings & Minutes
- Microsoft Word OR Word Expert
- Microsoft Excel OR Excel Expert
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
You then also choose two additional elective courses to suit your requirements.
The guideline learning time for the Secretarial Diploma is: –
- 180 hours flexi study or 6 weeks full-time*
*full-time is based on approx. 20-30 hours a week.
Our Secretarial Diploma has courses which can be accessed online, via our distance learning portal and courses which you will need to study in one of our centres.
This means that you have the flexibility to study our Secretarial Diploma in different ways:
- In centre, with our friendly course advisors available for support and guidance as and when you need it.
- At home or from work – with support via email or telephone during working hours.
- On a blended mix – in-centre for the modules you need help with, at home or from work for those you are gliding through.
Once you’ve decided to go ahead, all you’ll need to do is contact your nearest Pitman Training centre that offers and supports our distance learning platform, and they will arrange for you to have an induction to show you around the system and talk you through how our online training works. After this, you can learn in your own time and at your own speed, but with the knowledge you have support at hand if required.
To find your nearest centre that offers and supports our Secretarial Diploma, click here.
The best way to make sure your training programme suits you, your skills, your ambitions and your busy schedule, is to get in touch with us for a free, friendly expert career consultation.