Strata IT Fundamentals
The Strata IT Fundamentals course covers a range of topics from, basic IT installation right through to maintenance, so if you’re new to the world of IT, you can be confident that the course will give you a good platform to progress to the next stage.
The course is split down into clear and concise topics and delivered in an easy to understand way that reflects the real world of IT. Once you’ve completed the course, you’ll know everything you need to undertake the Strata IT Fundamentals exam and earn your certificate*. On completion of this course, you will receive a Pitman Training Course Completion certificate.
You’ll fully understand the basic areas of technology and computer hardware, compatibility issues, common errors, software installation, security and preventative maintenance. With this valuable knowledge as your starting point, you can progress on to your next course with confidence.
This course is designed for those Prepare for and pass the CompTIA Strata IT Fundamentals Exam, FC0-U41. The focus of this exam is on the basic understanding of technology.
• The flexibility and value of a self-study course designed to enable you to work at your own pace.
• The opportunity to gain the widely recognised Pitman Training Certificate.
• The opportunity to gain certification which is recognised by industry computing manufacturers and organisations.
• Identify types and characteristics of PC components, including the motherboard, CPU, memory and storage, and input and output devices.
• Learn techniques to install and configure Microsoft operating systems.
• Begin to assemble, disassemble, and upgrade PC and notebook components.
* Please note that Vendor specific exams may need to be organised separately.
Through this course you will come to understand the following:
- Technology and Computer Hardware Basics
- Compatibility Issues and Common Errors
- Software Installation and Functions
- Security Green IT and Preventative Maintenance.
If you’re thinking about a career in IT, this course is an excellent starting point which can help you make that first step. Even if you’re not looking for a technical IT role, this would be great for anyone who works within the IT Industry in Sales, Account Management, Business Development, Product and Marketing areas as it will help you gain valuable understanding of terms, technology and functionality.
There are three sessions in this course which cover the following: –
Session 1: Introduction, The Visible PC and How It Works, Inside the System Unit, The CPU and RAM, Understanding Storage Options, Alternative Storage Options.
Session 2: The Operating System, Managing User Accounts, Windows Basic Training, Software Installation, Performing System Maintenance, Printers.
Session 3: Video, Multimedia, Wireless, Networking, Accessing the Internet, Security, Green IT.
This course will take around 9 hours to complete.
This course can be studied online. This means, you have the flexibility to study our Strata IT Fundamentals course:
- In centre, with our friendly course advisors available for support and guidance as and when you need it.
- At home or from work – with support via email or telephone during working hours.
- On a blended mix – in-centre for the modules you need help with, at home or from work for those you are gliding through.
Once you’re ready to go ahead, all you need to do is contact your nearest Pitman Training centre who will be able to talk you through the process and set you up on the online platform, and then you’ll be ready to study the Strata IT Fundamentals course at a time and place convenient to yourself.
To get in touch with your nearest centre that offers and supports our online Strata IT Fundamentals course /training-a-z/”>
The best way to make sure your training programme suits you, your skills, your ambitions and your busy schedule, is to get in touch with us for a free, friendly expert career consultation.